SLU (St. Louis University) is conducting an H1N1 Swine Flu vaccination trial, and they've asked me if I want to be part of the study.
I've read over some articles online about pregnant women getting the vaccination, and a few people write really terrible, judgmental comments: "What horrible mother would jeopardize the life of her child?" Well, first of all Mr. Hysterical-Pants, this vaccine is not that different from the normal flu shot, which has been recommended for pregnant women as standard practice for a long time now.
Granted, I'm not saying "yes," I'm doing it-- I'm just weighing the possibility. Honestly, I've been trying to decide whether or not to get the shot at all. But if I'm getting it anyway, why not be closely monitored in the process? The full study results are probably not going to be out before I would need the vaccination anyway.
Still, it's difficult to make decisions that affect more than myself.
So, are you getting the shot? Would you if you were pregnant right now?
No comments:
Post a Comment