Thursday, July 15, 2010

Weird Ice Cream

Thanks Catherine for the link. For fun J.D. and I ranked where the flavors would be for us, along with some reasoning why.

J.D.'s (1= most likely to order 8 = keep that away from me)

1. Elvis the fat years. "He was fat for a reason; it can't be that bad."
2. Chocolate and sea salt. Supposedly chocolate and salt go well together.
3. P.B. Curry
4. Government cheese. When asked why: "I don't know, I like cheese."
5. Jesus Juice (much less interested in it when we read it was coke and red wine... blah)
6. Carrot mango
7. Secret breakfast -- "Breakfast sounds like crap for ice cream."
8. Hibiscus Beet, dead last choice for J.D.

Mine before reading the actual article:

1. Secret breakfast. This is where my sense of "adventure" would seriously get me in trouble. (Corn flakes ok, but bourbon??? Blah).
2. Chocolate and sea salt. Same reason.
3. Jesus Juice, have to say my curiosity was peaked. I'm sure I'd regret it.
4. Elvis
5. Hibiscus... I guess
6. P.B. curry
7. carrot mango (This might move higher on the list, replacing juice).
8. Gov. cheese, just sounds offensive to all the senses.

2 comments:

Olivia said...

Here are the flavors I would be daring enough to try:
1)Jesus Juice (seeing as it's red wine and coke)
2)Carrot Mango
3) Hibiscus Beet (I like beets. I always have. I guess that's part of being Polish)

As for the others, forget it. The chocolate sea salt has some smoked flavor added in, the PB curry has onions and 'spices,' and the Elvis one is ruined by the fact that it has bacon peanut brittle in it,a no-go for me. I would definitely NOT eat 'salted licorice' either, although I am assuming it's black licorice.


Okay I totally cheated on this one.....I went to their actual company website to look up more flavors.
http://www.humphryslocombe.com/

They actually have Tahitian vanilla, the first place I have ever seen it (I wonder if he adds anything weird to it).

I also wonder what's in 'Fume.'

They have a Michael favorite, Rhubarb! sorbet and I would probably eat any of the sorbets and try lots of the flavors (although I am sure there are catches to many of them), but I would probably not want to try Thai chili lime sorbet. That's just foul sounding. But canteloupe sounds delightful!

Thanks for posting a poll! This was fun,
Catherine

vesperstar said...

Thanks for the link! It was fun seeing what J.D. would or would not eat. I think I would be a big chicken and probably not order most of them... but I would try samples (maybe). :)