So, we went for a walk Sunday evening just to get out of the house. J.D., Jonathan, and I went to a fairly new place on the Loop called... wait for it... Cheese-ology. They serve "fancy" mac and cheese. Now, we both were a little hesitant. We pretty much do not order anything we could make at home, but we both thought, "Maybe it will be amazing mac and cheese." I ordered the "Philly," while J.D. went with the "Black and Bleu." With two drinks it came to $19.85! Holy cheese, this better be great! In fact, this better be the best damn mac and cheese ever. Fifteen minutes later, they bring out a tiny hot pan of mac and cheese with slightly burned top pieces. J.D. was instantly put off by the tiny portion size. Come on people, it's macaroni noodles... you couldn't spring for a full portion size? They also tasted completely bland.
We won't go back to cheese land; good luck to them, but with prices and food like that, they will not be around long.
P.S. They are in the old "Pizza Hause" building, the place that tried to sell pizza without cheese. Ironic.
P.S. For Catherine, they offered the "The Hill," a dish described as "building on the STL favorite, Provel cheese and Salssicia are balanced by a top layer of Marinara."
2 comments:
My reaction to this is....an odd groan that is a combination of ugh--al-eww!!!!
I mean, come on! Provel and marinara on mac and cheese?!
Only in St. Louis, I guess!
Also, I agree about the portions.....it's noodles and cheese people, not fish or something else expensive (although I shudder to think that they might have a fish mac and cheese....
Hey Catherine, yeah, only in STL. :)
Post a Comment