Sunday, February 12, 2012

January Summary

Life is crazy and good.  In January Jonathan got his first hair cut.  Alaura got her first real cold.  We managed through it.  We had some real snow, some fake snow, and lots of laughs.  Lots of tears too, but I usually don't run for the camera then. All in all, more laughs than tears.

Jonathan is continuing his numbers.  We're working on recognizing 11-20 and doubles of other numbers like 66, 77, etc.  He has colors, basic shapes, and most of the alphabet down (he still gets "H" and "I" mixed up now and then).  I like working with him.  He loves "helping" Mom and Dad.  He helps Daddy take out the trash & recycling and clean.  He helps Mom bake cookies and make lunches.




Alaura loves her brother; she watches him carefully and lights up when he comes near her.  Jonathan likes jumping in her new crib, and she just moved there for the first night 2/10/12.  She has been sleeping good.  Not as great as her newborn sleep, but still I have no right to complain.  I've told J.D. that even if she is a rebellious teenager (which I don't think she will be much) I owe her a lot of credit for letting Mom sleep in these first months.  Alaura more than anyone in the world has taught me to be an optimist.  I love her very much for that and everything else.  I've been calling her different nicknames a little.  "Apple cheeks" fits her with her full bright red, kissable face.  Other news, Alaura rolled over for the first time officially on Jan. 28, 2012.  EXACTLY the same age as her brother did: 4 months 11 days old.  Fun coincidence.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Tammy and family, we can tell Alaura is a sweet and happy little baby. Her pretty smile reminds us of her mommy. Jonathan is such a good big brother.He is really getting tall. Thank you for the pictures,we Love you kids so much. Mom and Dad