Saturday, May 10, 2008

Itty Bitty Kitty -- Name?





Help suggest names for our new baby. We just got her yesterday. She is 7 weeks old and only 13.5 oz. She is cute and sweet, but not Sophie's best friend yet.

3 comments:

Olivia said...

I somehow deleted my earlier comment which is the same as this one:

She is super-super cute.

Livvie likes Shoopy or Totoro or Mei (big surprise). Michael suggests Mouse because she is just so teeny tiny. I waned to mention Maisy--which admittedly comes from Livvie's program Maisy, who is a mouse.

Another name in my brain is Lola, and for some reason I am getting Harpo on the radar. There is also Lily or Mimi, but it really really depends upon her personality.

Marley is just a Marley, Figaro a Figaro, Clarence a Clarence, you know? Flint is solid like a rock and loves his corn. Delmar is the cat-punk.

I was also trying to think of Shakespearian names, but they kind of suck...she's not a Hero or a Beatrice or a Goneril or a Calpurnia...maybe a Viola? I think of a giant violin with that word, though, not a teeny tiny kitty.

For some reason I am also fixated on the name Bongo, but I think that is a name for a big giant cat like Clarence, or maybe some beatniky-looking cat.

Maybe Chloe? Is she a Chloe?

What do you read from her?

Olivia said...

I also just thought of Lila. Not sure why. Just did!

vesperstar said...

I like Chloe and Maisy... I was actually thinking it would be fun to have a kitty named Chloe, even before we got her.

But I think J.D. doesn't like it as much. Last night, we let "baby" crawl around with Sophie. She has quite a bit of spunk for her size. Then she started attacking J.D.'s finger, and he called her "Athena Warrior Princess." I'm calling her Theeny for short. We'll see if it sticks. I would shop around for a name more, but J.D. is a big fan of "sticking to the first name." She's going to be a little bit of a Warrior Princess to live with Diva Sophie.