
Ok, I have to share this. Someone I know from my freshman year in college is starting a Bible Study group called "Falling in Love with Jesus." They're meeting in Idaho, if anyone is interested. Here's part of an e-mail I recently received:
Falling in Love with Jesus Bible Study UPDATE:
"In His arms I feel protected There's no place I'd rather rather be"~ From the song "Falling in Love with Jesus" by Jonathan Butler.UPDATE:We have a time and place - YAY! I'm just waiting on the arrival of the study materials. I wanted to know from you all - do you want me to order the books and workbooks, and then you just pay me? Or do you want to get them on your own?
So this made me curious. What kind of workbooks are out there? Well, evidently this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Falling-Love-Jesus-Abandoning-Yourself/dp/0849988217
This is how Amazon describes it:
"Product Description
This in-depth Bible Study gives women the inspiration to rethink their relationships with Christ, and to understand and surrender to Him in a fresh new way. Especially geared toward small group study, the Falling in Love with Jesus workbook and multi-media study offer humor, wisdom, and stories of women who've experienced a deeper, more passionate relationship with Christ. Ten lessons are divided into 50 days, five days per week, of Scriptures that focus on our love relationship with Jesus, deepening our confidence that we are the object of Christ's affection."
"Surrender to Him in a fresh new way". . . .
http://www.amazon.com/Falling-Love-Jesus-Abandoning-Yourself/dp/0849988217
This is how Amazon describes it:
"Product Description
This in-depth Bible Study gives women the inspiration to rethink their relationships with Christ, and to understand and surrender to Him in a fresh new way. Especially geared toward small group study, the Falling in Love with Jesus workbook and multi-media study offer humor, wisdom, and stories of women who've experienced a deeper, more passionate relationship with Christ. Ten lessons are divided into 50 days, five days per week, of Scriptures that focus on our love relationship with Jesus, deepening our confidence that we are the object of Christ's affection."
"Surrender to Him in a fresh new way". . . .
Is that like "spicing up your marriage?"
"Passionate relationship"?. . . . being the "object of Christ's affection?"
(Evidently they haven't heard of object/subject vectoring).
I'm curious what the "multi-media" aspect is with this sort of description.
I also checked out the song by Mr. Butler: http://englishclub.vox.com/library/video/6a00d41431a3d96a4700d414353a173c7f.html
Hmm. . . surprisingly after that, I'm still not in love.
I guess I'd just like to caution my female friends, be careful with your hearts ladies. From what I've read -- Jesus has a tendency to "walk away," or maybe that's just from fights.
I also checked out the song by Mr. Butler: http://englishclub.vox.com/library/video/6a00d41431a3d96a4700d414353a173c7f.html
Hmm. . . surprisingly after that, I'm still not in love.
I guess I'd just like to caution my female friends, be careful with your hearts ladies. From what I've read -- Jesus has a tendency to "walk away," or maybe that's just from fights.
No comments:
Post a Comment