I just got off the phone with Sergeant Owens of Oxford, Alabama. I'm attempting to be a one-woman force for justice. Steal my identity will you!
3/28/09: Yeah, I think I was trying to make myself feel better. It's really not going all that well. No one wants to do anything. The U-City police say to contact the Oxford police. The Alabama police say I need to work with my local police department. I don't even know why I'm pursuing it. It just seems like extra stress and a waste of time, and I see why people don't put the energy into resolving these crimes, even when the evidence is out there. There's a perfectly good Wal-Mart video tape out there that shows a $99.94 purchase on March 21, 2009 at 1:40 p.m. EST and a $248.46 purchase at 1:42 p.m. EST.
What also annoys me is that now Wal-Mart and my credit card company are the "victims" of the crime. Supposedly, since I'm not technically out any money (I disputed the $350 dollars from Wal-Mart) the Alabama police say I'm no longer a victim of a crime. But my credit, my name, my identity, my time were stolen. And the theft is from all of you too! Because we all end up paying with higher fees and prices! I realize there are far more serious, pressing issues. And I'm fine with that. But I want to be taken seriously. And I'm SICK of having things taken from me, so I'm doing my earthly best for a little justice here. I also want to know how much of my information they have and where they got it.
Am I crazy to pursue it?
2 comments:
HOO-RAY!
I hope they catch the bastard.
That is so great!!!
Go vesperstar!
Post a Comment