Tuesday, May 12, 2009

J.D.'s most difficult day at work



I drove J.D. to the Metro today and then drove myself home. It actually gave me a small but important sense of accomplishment. I know it's silly, but I haven't driven in years, and to drive the stick shift is a big deal for me.

I blew J.D. a kiss as he got on the train. He laughed and caught it. We had joked the night before about the parting scene in Young Frankenstein when Dr. Frankenstein's fiancée keeps fending off his kisses and hugs, and she even avoids a kiss he blows at her. :)

Anyway, I had a busy, fairly productive day. This evening J.D. called to let me know he made it safely to Las Vegas. He is with three people from his office at a resort. And it is a "real" resort. He spent a couple hours after landing just lounging by the pool and palm trees, sliding down a water slide, swimming, and sipping a beer by the pool. What a tough day at the office! Tonight they will probably go into the city. Have fun J.D. But not too much fun. :) Maybe I should have wrapped him in taffeta.

Seriously, I love you honey. I'm glad you're enjoying your first visit to Vegas baby.

No comments: