Saturday, June 23, 2012

Who you are at 9 months old




 My dear daughter,   You're sweet.  (Absolutely yummy in fact).  All the goodness in the whole world taken shape, made pink and chubby, joyful and loving, chirping and babbling.  Since you were born you've had this depth of gentleness in you that I adore.  All children do, but it's your dominant feature.  Maybe it's because I'm your Mama that I see it so easily, but sweet baby, how I love the goodness of your soul.    


What you're doing these days:  On June 13, 2012 you were playing with the music train, just sitting there.  I turned around to put a dish in the sink.  When I looked back, you had pulled yourself onto your feet and were standing there wobbling -- looking so proud of yourself, especially when Mom made a happy screech and flew to you, some absurd mother-bird that made you giggle.  


You are crawling (proper) all over the place.  Sometimes you even bear crawl.  Your 8-month-old army crawl has definitely grown up.  


You love your brother.  You've laughed for Jonathan since you were a tiny baby.  Now you've begun to go after toys your brother is playing with, garbage trucks, etc.  You've started to play together (a little).  Jonathan gets upset when you knock over his trash cans.  He tells you "No, no Alaura."  But he loves you too.  Every time he tells a story he starts with "Once upon a time, Mommy, Daddy, Jonathan and Alaura...."  You are always included.   


Schedule-wise, you wake up and play with you pink lovey doll around 6:30-7:00 each morning.  Sometimes before Jonathan gets up and comes into the bedroom to snuggle, I will hold you and we will both half-doze back to sleep.  You take a mid-morning nap around 9:30 or 10:00.  Usually you play then until 12:45 to 1:30, when it's time for the afternoon nap.  Today you fell asleep in your highchair after eating bananas & strawberries.  I let you feed yourself mostly.  You really enjoy your food.     


Recently you've started to mimic me when I make a funny sound with my hand over my mouth.  It's quite cute.  And you are starting to babble more sounds.  We have "B" and "M" among them.  Recently I swear it sounds like you're calling me:  mammma.  


And that first tooth is finally making her appearance.  It's right there about to pop through, which makes me a little nervous.  I remember how much it hurt when Jonathan would bite while nursing.  And I know you are super sensitive to even the softest rebuff... let's just hope it goes well.  Heavens knows there are many ways a mother proves her love, and breastfeeding a baby with chompers takes some real mama love and courage.               


But loving you is easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy, Love the pictures. Give Jonathan and Alaura a hug and a kiss from Grandma and Grandpa.