Sunday, October 12, 2014

Lazy Sunday

Jonathan slept between J.D. and me.  He never stays in his bed.  He coughed a lot during the morning, so I gave him a breathing treatment around 5:00 a.m.  J.D. got up around 7:00; the kids slept until 8:30, when Alaura opened her door loudly, and Jonathan asked "What's that?"  It's your sister.  Here she comes in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... the door pushed open.  She brought her red basket of grocery and random items into bed to lie down on my left side, over my arm.  Jonathan curled up by my right side.  We stayed that way for probably 5 minutes.  Then they went downstairs to play.

J.D. took off to get the Focus's tire fixed or replaced.  He got a flat last night when he tried to go to a friend's to play games.  The kids and I ate bacon and croissant rolls.  Alaura had me draw pictures and number a list of all her items in her basket.  She ended up with 22 things on the list.  She loves to count.  Jonathan played "Demolition Derby" with his cars, and after we finished the list, Alaura and I joined him.  Some crazy bus driver took a field trip through the demolition derby with a load full of kids.  Fortunately, they were able to escape with no damage.  Jonathan had been excited for his first field trip to a pumpkin patch last Thursday, but it was cancelled because of rain.  We'll go next week.
J.D. came home.  Turned on football.  Fell asleep on the couch.  Alaura took off her clothes and played with my phone while naked, watching Mr. Maker.  Jonathan was squirting water in the bathroom with a syringe from his medicine last week.  Then he and Alaura wanted to watch "Accidents Happen" song with Thomas the Train on YouTube.  They ate boiled egg whites and bread & butter with milk for lunch.

Then Jonathan sneaked outside in his socks and no pants while I was watching Cutthroat Kitchen on Netflix.  J.D. was upstairs by then.  I hauled Jonathan in and straight to the warm bath, explaining he cannot go outside in October with only his shirt and socks or he'll catch pneumonia.  Alaura came upstairs too, to make a pillow nest on my side of the bed while Jonathan bathed.  I threw in some laundry, and J.D. got Jonathan out of the tub and dressed.  Alaura cried when I tried to wash poor, filthy Lovey.  She was upset and went to sit by herself on the floor in our room.  She's sleeping in there now, taking a much needed, late nap.

J.D. and Jonathan are downstairs.  J.D. asked Jonathan what he would like for dinner.  I did not hear the answer.  I'll cover Alaura up with a blanket and go see what's in the plan.  J.D. wanted to go to a movie, Box Trolls, with the kids, but too late now.  We might pop some popcorn and watch a kid show.  I have plenty of papers I need to be grading, but we'll see.

No comments: