Mars is continuing to do ok. He finished his antibiotics last night, so that's good. We also found out about the biopsy. Evidently the type of cancer Marley has is vulnerable to chemotherapy. We haven't decided what to do though; we're still seeking information and opinions from the doctors. One concerned, kind veterinarian said 2 of her dogs had chemo; one reacted well and lived for several more years, while the other puppy got very sick. We're just taking it one step at a time and letting Mars recover from surgery for now. I'm grateful for each day.
Marley is very special to me. When J.D. has been at work every weekend and during the week often from 9:00 am to 11:30 pm, Marley has many days been my only companion. Overall the last six years of my life have been at times lonely and stressful, but I've always had Mars. He also had a difficult early life, which we can only really guess about, but I think it's safe to say it was not happy based on the fact he was abandoned by his original human (and still to this day is terrified of brooms, cleaning supplies, garbage cans, etc.). I've always wanted to make up for that and give him a safe place, where he knows he's loved. I thought recently about when I was in kindergarten and the teacher read Black Beauty to us, and I guess that's the sort of story Marley and I have had. When Marley came here I wanted him to feel "My troubles are all over, and I am at home."
I'm truly grateful everyday for the opportunity we've had to find each other.
No comments:
Post a Comment