
So, something a little light-hearted, I guess. J.D. watched an MST3K episode with me yesterday because he knows I love them, and we haven't laughed in a while. We learned that teenagers in the 1950s all had terrible, horrible parents. Actually, that's the plot point of almost every teenager movie I think MST3K satirized, so it must have been a common theme. We also saw Teenage Strangler tonight but it's just BAD, not much to save there. Anyway, back to Crime Wave, so what you may ask, did this crime wave involve?
Intro scene: Hot Tomata, picks up a "doughy guy" in a bar and then her boyfriend attempts, rather stupidly, to rob him. Boyfriend escapes, she does not. Miss Innocent-knickers, another girl on a blind date (and Hot Tomata's friend) also gets caught. She immediately tells the police everything, but her parents denounce her, and she is shipped off to all girl-on-girl prison complete with pillow fights and hair pulling in slips and brassieres. The two are ultimately transferred to another place, which evidently requires driving for miles and miles in the country, when befuddled boyfriend shows up and rescues them. They then hide out in a farmhouse with an old guy, his wife, and their 27 year old son, home from college for Thanksgiving. Oh, the insanity.
Most of the movie happens in the family's living room while Dad reads the Bible out loud. One of the best cracks is when the father is interrupted during his New Testament reading and (I think it's Crow) says "You interrupted me. Now I'm going to have to start over.... 'In the beginning....'"
No comments:
Post a Comment