Friday, January 18, 2008
Our babies
Granted, the J.D. graphic looks more like him--except his ears aren't that big, well, nor do his eyes glow bright blue. So, I guess they're both just approximations. Anyway, I do enjoy the cute baby Figaro and baby Marley. I wish we had both our boys as little baby cats. They would be so cute together. I'd love to see them scampering all over and all the mischief they would get into! Baby Marley would be licking the heck out of all the window blinds. Baby Figaro would be pouncing from box to box and meowing constantly. Baby Marley would chase bugs, and Baby Figaro would sit smugly on the table, daring me to move him or touch his white spots.
Mars seemed better today. He came to greet me when I got home and spent time snuggling with me. It was really, super sweet. I thought he wanted food, which I gave him, but he followed me until I realized he just wanted to lay on my lap for awhile. My baby.
I realized something else today about how much the boys have impacted my life. Before we had Figaro and Marley I didn't really feel much for animals in general. I thought they were just "animals." Now I really believe they have special little spirits. They give us a tremendous gift in the opportunity to love and care for them. They trust us and depend on us. But there is a heavy, heavy burden for us in this love. Queen Elizabeth said that "Grief is the price we pay for love." But "grief" doesn't seem to come near to the feeling. I feel like when Figaro left, he took a large part of our hearts and spirits with him. But I feel I shall lose my own soul without Mars. I've told a few people that I believe Marley is one of my soulmates. Whatever piece of the universe we came from, it was the same. I know most people won't understand this, and that's fine. But maybe they will understand what it means to feel like your life has benefited so much from someone else's. I can say without any hesitation that Marley has made me a better human being.
I just wish with all my heart we could have both our babies forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment