We have FOUR. Why we need four, I have no idea.
Thai Cafe Upscale Thai restaurant.
6170 Delmar
Thai Country Cafe Old-fashioned Thai country food.
6221 Delmar
Thai Gai Yang Cafe Thai food, specializing in roasted chicken.
6250 Delmar
Thai Pizza Company Thai pizza, noodles & rice.
608 Eastgate (intersects with Delmar)
Ok, so they're not all on the same block, but come on, seriously, why do you need four very similar restaurants (owned by the same family may I say) within a very close walking distance of each other? Does Mom cook at one, Dad cook at another, and the kids each have their own? Was it a family contest or something?
We actually ate at Thai Pizza tonight. So, I guess I shouldn't complain. It was ok. Still, having them next door to each other boggles my mind. Then again, I'm from a town where there weren't any Thai restaurants, so maybe I'm just sensitive.
3 comments:
I would say lucky you, but I've actually had those Thai restaurants, and I can say that most of the St. Louis Thai places are nothing to write home about. Also, somehow, I always think of Curtis when I think of them....
What you ARE really lucky about, though, is the profusion of reallly great vietnamese restaurants in St. Louis---the coffee is really good.
Is The Blue Elephant still around? They had really good food.
I miss you guys....
(we are slowly updating the blogs)
PS--What did you have at Thai Pizza? I could never get Michael to go there.
I did like Thai Country's food, though.
I know, those specific Thai places always bring Curtis to mind. I wonder if he finished already. Did you see that Josh, Joe, and James are defending next week? (Sigh).
The pizza was ok. We've been there twice now. If you do ever get Michael to try it, I recommend the thin crust (regardless of the toppings). I tried the "Laub" pizza last night. I don't recommend that flavor, not that you would get it anyway because it has chicken. But it tasted kind of like it sounds:
"l..a...u...b."
Mostly, it had a sour aftertaste. I can't remember the name of J.D.'s pizza, but he liked it.
I don't know about the Blue Elephant.
Miss you too. Hope you're having a good day.
Post a Comment