Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Warm Autumn

What I did today:

Cleaned house.
Baked pumpkin bread... yum.
Ate lunch with J.D.
Walked to the library and checked out some books.
Researched articles.

It was sunny today. The leaves haven't changed yet, but they probably will soon. We're supposed to get a chill in the next couple of nights. I like October in St. Louis.

On an entertaining note, yesterday I went to the dissertation meeting. When I walked in, I heard Jessica M. say the words "still around?" She was facing away from the door and didn't see me. Then James W., who saw me remarked: "speak of the devil." So, I smiled at Jessica M. and proclaimed: "I'm still around! Here I am in the flesh!" She spun around and looked surprised and rather sheepish. Jessica H. smiled at me. It was good timing. Another highlight of the evening occurred when the presenter thanked Jessica M. for "pointing out the blatantly obvious omission" in his text... oh, what a good laugh.
Well, I think I'm going to have a nice cup of tea and curl up with an article about ghosts. Maybe later this week J.D. and I can do something that I think sounds delightful... go to a bar!

The Cupcake Bar!
http://www.jillyscupcakebar.com/Cupcakes.html

It's new in town and sounds like a lot of sinful, delicious fun.

No comments: