My pictures give a skewed presentation. They're all from the nice touristy areas by the river and French Quarter. Driving to and from the airport was the only time I saw anything outside this zone. And then, from what I did see, it looked pretty awful. The dichotomy is really sad.
I wish you had been there too, but in terms of the actual conference, you didn't miss much. Essentially, what I learned is that "literature" people are some weird other.
2 comments:
It looks so pretty...I wish I had been there.
My pictures give a skewed presentation. They're all from the nice touristy areas by the river and French Quarter. Driving to and from the airport was the only time I saw anything outside this zone. And then, from what I did see, it looked pretty awful. The dichotomy is really sad.
I wish you had been there too, but in terms of the actual conference, you didn't miss much. Essentially, what I learned is that "literature" people are some weird other.
I hope Olivia is feeling better today. :)
Post a Comment