Well, I guess the day started by watching Youth without Youth later than we should have. We started the movie around 10:00 or so. The best part of this movie was the buttered air popcorn we ate. We watched the entire film and at the end pretty much looked at each other and said, "What the hell?" Then I watched Francis Ford Coppola's commentary to see what it was that we both obviously missed. I confirmed that we didn't miss anything; the movie is just a large ball of mixed up quasi-philosophy that slowly rolls into oblivion and will take your two hours with it. J.D. said he couldn't believe I watched it with the commentary (even fast forwarding large chunks), and I joked: "I watched it twice to make sure it was bad." Yes, it's bad.
Then we proctored Saturday morning, reporting time 7:30. After telling kids named Damonica, Stardasha, Ulysses, and Leroy what to do and not do, we were out of there by 12:00. (Yay multiple choice, no writing).
Then it was off to the Halloween store for J.D.'s scary costume. He got a skull mask, which later effectively terrified the poor kitties. J.D.'s work is having a contest for best costume. Then we ate Chinese food. Then we went canvassing for the Obama campaign. We did that for three hours together. J.D. is really good at it. I am shy. I have a hard time knocking on strangers' doors, but I did it because I care so much about this election. I met some really nice people too. One man was from Iran; he moved his aging mother and father to the U.S. to escape the regime there. He told me he hadn't seen his father in 15 years, and when he did, he barely recognized him because of the stress from living there. His mother answered the door; she was very sweet. I felt bad because their dog ran out, but he was recovered by the son very quickly. Then at another house, the guy came to the door with money in his hand and said, "Oh, I thought you would have a pizza!"
Also, to end the day, my Beeb on http://www.stuffonmycat.com/ as submitted by Catherine.

No comments:
Post a Comment