van Gogh's "Wheat Field with a Lark"Well, it was time for the Clayton Art Fair again. It's always so crowded, and this year there didn't seem to be anything outrageous or very amusing, of course, other than the prices. Most were between $1,100- $5,000. Although, there was one landscape by an artist named Deanna Henion that both J.D. and I liked a lot. It was a long canvas with rolling blue hills, a grey-blue sky, and a little light green in a golden wheat field. It reminded me of home. But it was $850. Still, comparatively, it was a bargain. And it was beautiful. Looking at it gave you a feeling of expansiveness and a sense of breathing fresh air.
When it comes to paintings, at least ones I'd like to own, I do have a fondness for landscapes. I like van Gogh's wheat fields a lot, in the way that he captures the wind moving through the grain. I enjoy his "The Green Wheat Field," "The Fields," "Wheat Field under a Cloudy Sky," "Wheat Field with a Lark," and "Wheat Field with Cypresses." But, if $850 wasn't going to happen, I don't think 35 million dollars.... well, obviously, you get the point.
Still, it was amusing yesterday. It's good J.D. and I have similar taste, for the day we eventually do buy any art. And it's always fun to look around until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment