Well, the Focus didn't start again for J.D. this morning. Now he is riding his bike to work in the rain. (He resisted my idea of taking a taxi).
This is the third time it's been broken down since mid September when we were hit with the remainder of Hurricane Ike.
Then it broke a second time (different part) about 2-3 weeks ago. It was in the shop for 2 days.
It didn't start yesterday at first, but eventually J.D. got it to. Today, it just refuses, and it's not the battery.
Thank heavens for AAA. They're going to tow it soon. I'm sitting around waiting for them.
Any suggestions for a car that's inexpensive and good on gas?
4 comments:
I have a Hyundai Elantra I bought in '01 that I have had virtually no major problems with. I've had to replace the tires, brakes, a battery, a couple of wheel barrings and a thermostat but that it in 7 years, and most of it is basic maintenance. Its great on gas, although I can't tell you specifically how many miles to the Gallon of the top of my head. I know it's not American but it was the best I could afford at the time and it hasn't disappointed me.
Sounds good, I'll look into it.
Thanks!
Is it the alternator? We had that problem and it was the alternator. That is a lot less expensive than a whole new car. I love your Focus, stick shift and all!
Well, as of today, Focus is getting its fuel pump fixed.
I just hope this does it!
Post a Comment