Monday, November 17, 2008

Whatever you do...

Don't watch The Happening. Oh man, that was just BAD. Not one ounce of anything to save it: terrible acting, terrible story, just plain terrible.

The most exciting scene was when MarkWalberg had a tete-a-tete with a plastic house plant, and even then, the house plant stole the scene. (And I'm not joking).

Other "thrilling" scenes included some hippy guy going on and on about hotdogs. And then there's the emotional disclosure (because they think they're going to die) by Walberg's character to his wife (who just confessed she ate Tiramisu with some dude named Joe) that a beautiful woman in a pharmacy almost made him buy cough syrup... "And I didn't even have a sore throat!" (Yeah, again, I'm not kidding).

In the end you start rooting for the plants to win, which will mean the destruction of your own species, that's how bad this movie is. (Sorry about the pun).

No comments: