They asked people what they would most want to do one last time before leaving St. Louis. I've decided to break them into things we've done or have yet to do. (Assuming of course that we would want to). Also some things on the list get really stupid toward the end. I think it turns into people advertising their businesses or a single person suggesting his or her favorite place for dinner. I deleted "Visit my high school." :)
I had no idea a lot of these things existed. I still don't know what some of them are, but a lot of fun memories came up while going through the things we have done.
Done It:
Cardinals game
St. Louis Zoo
Ted Drewes
Go up the Arch
Forest Park
Eat Toasted Ravioli
See a show at the Fox
The Loop
Imo's pizza
Botanical Garden
Anheuser Busch Brewery Tour
See a Blues Game
Grant's Farm
Crown Candy Kitchen
Blueberry Hill
Great Balloon Race
City Museum
Gus' Pretzels
Sledding down Art Hill
St. Louis Science Center
Forest Park Boathouse
St. Louis Art Museum
Tony's St. Patrick's Day Parade
Rams game
The Magic House
Boat ride on Mississippi
Shakespeare in the park
Cahokia Mounds
Butterfly house
Solider's Memorial
Lambert Airport (The airport, really? The question wasn't "what would be the last thing you would literally see.")
Soulard Market
Drive into St. Louis from the East
Concert at the Pagaent
Fourth of July on the riverfront (very briefly, just for fireworks)
Concert At Touhill
The Melting Pot
Soulard bars and restaurants (Counting the hot peppers and Pat)
King and I restaurant
Haunted Lemp Brewery
I added these:
Meramec Caverns (although I would not go back again-- 3 times is enough!)
Floating Meramec River
Lafayette Park
Fitz's Rootbeer
Pie at the Blue Owl (Adventure!)
Mile High Pie or Foot High Pie
Hiking at Rockwood
South City Diner
Haven't Done It:
Show at the Muny
Visit Augusta Wineries
Main Street St. Charles
Drive the Great River Road
Missouri History Museum
Beer and Bocci Ball at Milos
Experience caverns under St. Louis
Tilles Park at Christmas
Dinner at Rigazzis
Big Bang Piano Bar on Landing
Jefferson Barracks
Fast Eddie's
Lone Elk Park
Hodak's Chicken
Shop Central West End
Fritz Custard
Pizza at Black Thorn
Soda Fountain Square
Show at the Black Repretory Theater
Visit Memorial Park Cemetary
Jewel Box
Visit Seven Falls in Forest Park
Metro bus ride to downtown at Christmas time
Merb's Chocolates
Eat a pork steak
Drive back roads to Hannibal
Golf at Forest Park
Playing darts at Hill
Top Inn
One more visit to Lion's Choice
Protzel's for corned beef
The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner
Toasted Ravioli at the real Rich and Charlies
One last visit to McGurks
Pirrones' Pizzeria in Florissant
Visit to rural Illinois (Driving-by doesn't count I'm guessing)
Bicycle on the paved routes in Madison County
Eat at Moxy Bistro
Play 18 holes at Annbriar Golf Course
Shopping at Vivianos on "The Hill"
Ride on Screaming Eagle
Festival of Nations in Tower Grove Park
Babler State Park
Joe's Cafe
Fishing at Klondike Park
Stroll through South Grand
Citizen Kane's
Schlafley's Brewery
"Just Sue's" in Edwardsville for pizza
Papa Vito's in Waterloo for best roast beef
Corndog at Woofies Hotdogs
Single Chuck at Chuck-A-Burger (Sounds really gross)
Museum of Transport
Wabash Frisco Rail road
Cunnetto's
Powder Valley Nature Center
Wax Museum on landing
Cherokee Antiquing
Back roads of Hermann, Missouri
Downtown Charlie Gittos
Breakfast at Uncle Bills
Shake at Olivette Diner
Dinner at Seamus McDaniel's
Laumeire Sculpture Park
Tower Grove Park
What the Bowling Hall of Fame didn't make the list? What else did they leave out?
4 comments:
I have done a few of these things...I thought with you. Like the South City Diner and The King and I. Not that good. The Blue Elephant is much much better. And we were going to go to Fast Eddie's that time we went over to Alton, but it was, well scary. There's something weird about a hamburger place that cards people.
I was hoping you would help me remember more too!
Remind me what the South City Diner was like? I tend to remember visual things, or what we did/talked about, not usually the names of places.
How's North Carolina going?
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Didn't you get my email? I'm getting a new license plate: ncsux
South City Diner is that dive-ish place on South Grand that has all those records and crazy crap and stuff on the walls and they have burgers and fries and shakes...I'm fairly certain we went with you, no?
I'll tell you all about NC, squalor, car wreck and all, but I'll have to do it when you know who isn't listening in the background. Let's just say it isn't pretty. And I don't need to know about the ovulation habits of my sister in law. But maybe you don't want to know either.
Oops, gotta go!
Wow, I just saw your e-mail a little while ago. (I'm sorry).
Now I remember South City. I did go there with you and Michael. Thanks for helping me remember. Was there anything else I forgot?
Good luck with tomorrow.
Post a Comment