Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gift Wrapping

I asked J.D. to go with me. He agreed, and we ended up wrapping gifts for a Mom and her three kids. It was fun. There were a lot of people. J.D. and I had our own table and worked quickly together. He made sure all the price tags were off, while I hunted down paper and bows.

In the background, they were playing typical Pop Christmas music, which I didn't mind too much. Except, I have a great disdain for "Santa Baby," yuck and yuck. As a whole, J.D. is not a fan of most of that music, so my dear husband kept singing perverse lyrics to the golly music. I believe "Noel, noel" was turned into "Go to hell, go to hell." All good, joking fun-- and no one else heard J.D.'s lyrics.

The kids in the family were all young, three toddlers by the looks of the clothes and toys. There were two boys: Paris and Dorian, along with a little girl-- Dijana. Before I saw the girl's name, I thought maybe Mom was going with names from literature, sort of an antihero theme. But no.
I guess normal people don't do that.

Not me. I'm into theme names. How about "Manfred"; wouldn't that be lovely and unique? What would be some other great names for my antihero set?

Well, aside from that silliness, it was fun this afternoon. I hope the family enjoys their new things and has fun unwrapping them.

3 comments:

Holly G said...

A very merry Christmas to Manfred, Dorian, and Paris, and their little dog Don Juan.

Tammy--why are you so clever and funny? I love reading your blog.

Olivia said...

How about Seneca? I heard that name, though I have to admit it was for a little girl's doll (she said her mom chose the name). However, later on I found out that the name was actually supposed to be Savannah. I kind of liked it, you know, from a feminist perspective. But I'm not sure I could go as far as naming my child that. In my family, I guess we all have religious/biblical type names---Elizabeth, Catherine, Rebecca, Regina, James.

You do write funny stuff in your blog!

vesperstar said...

I'm glad my ramblings entertain my good friends. :)

Holly, I was wondering how to work Don Juan in there! Perfect, a dog! (Now, to just convince J.D.)

Catherine, yes, your family does seem to have the religious theme going. Perhaps it's in your genes to do well at Bible trivia?